Thursday, September 11, 2008

SALVATION

I went to visit my brother a few weeks ago and we had a conversation about politics and religion. I know, I know, it is something that is not a great topic to go in to and I sometimes hesitate when I talk to him about these subjects, as we generally do not agree and he tends to get a little heated in the conversation. But I was intrigued by some of hi thoughts.

One of the things that we discussed were regarding our salvation and sharing that salvation with others. He told me that he believes that Christ is his only way to salvation, but that he did not feel that it was right for him to shove that same belief on someone else. He said that Christ may not be the way for some people. When I had him elaborate on this, I found it very thought provoking. So much so, that I had to do a little soul searching and Bible searching for myself.

This is what I found:

Christ is the ONLY way. . . regardless of what anyone thinks. He is the ONLY way for ANYONE to get into heaven. Whether you want to agree with this or not, it is a FACT. The Bible has been around for over 2000 years and God's word has been proclaimed for even longer.

HIS word says:
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
"And this is the way to have eternal life - to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth" (John 17:3)
Jesus says in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
Salvation is available only through Jesus Christ! “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).

I could go on & on and list a bunch more passages, but I think that you get the gist of what I am saying. So, I firmly believe that the ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS. . . and that is for EVERYONE! AND everyone will be given that opportunity. What you choose to do is up to you, as we all were given "free will".

Have you accepted Christ as your Savior? Will you accept him today?

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!