Thursday, May 15, 2008

"You look tired, Mommy"

Yeah. . . that's what my 4 year old told me this morning on the way to school. He then continued: "your eyes look like you didn't rest well". WHAT?!?! I was just thinking how nice I looked today in my bright red capris and my floral summer blouse and my new black sandals. . . nails painted bright summer red & my hair even cooperated for me today. I guess, when I look good. . . which is so rare lately, that to him I look tired. And when I really look tired (to me) that it is normal to him?!?

Ok, so maybe that's a bit far fetched, but you get my meaning, right? I mean, how often has your child said something to you that you were a little taken aback by? Seriously, this was not something I expected to come out of my 4 yr olds mouth, so early in the morning, especially when he had not been up for more than 15 minutes at this point. Yes, I said 15 minutes. I get him dressed & comb his hair while he is still in the bed, because it is just easier that way. Otherwise, he wants to play or watch his movies and then I end up running late.

I must admit, I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say to me this afternoon when I pick him up. Ought to be quite interesting.

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!