Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What are these kids thinking!?!?!?!?!?!

OK, now this is just crazy... When I got to my son's pre-school, I found out that ALL of the county schools had been closed due to a "Virginia Tech type threat".

The Richmond TimesDispatch newspaper said "a note was found at the end of the school day yesterday on a bathroom wall saying a shooting would take place today ".

This is getting absolutely idiotic. If only these kids understood the impact of a threat like this. If only they knew. Is this kid one that is having difficulty at home or school or maybe he/she is picked on a lot? WHY can't other kids see the danger in bullying and teasing?!

I remember when I was in school, I used to get so mad at kids that would pick on other kids. I would usually say something to them and end up being part of the teasing, but fortunately, my parents raised me to ignore such dumb stuff. Now, some of those kids that did the 'bullying" or "teasing" are the REAL losers now and have made nothing of themselves, except complete fools. Many of the kids that I know were picked on in school, are quite successful and doing far better that the ones that picked on them. Ironic, huh?! Now, that is what I call overcoming your circumstances!

I hope that the police find out who did this and that the get to the bottom of it. While punishment is necessary, I believe that they also need to evaluate the WHY behind this person's note. God help them!

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!