Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Treasures in Heaven

Matthew 6: 19-21

19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I think so many of us forget what we are in business for. We are not in business to make money...that is just a byproduct of our work. We are in business for God and his kingdom! He provides all that we need and then some. So many people put their work ahead of their relationship with God, their families, and friends. Their children are suffering and they don't even see it. Why do you think we have so many children that are rebelling against their families. Because so many have submitted to their will and not the will of the Father.

Families that think they are doing the "best" they can for their children, are the same ones that have submitted to a different god.... the god of materialism... and they don't even realize it. We all know them, they are your neighbors, your fellow church memebers, and may even be you. Buying your child everything that YOU think they need is not necessarily the RIGHT thing to do. Did you pray about it? Did you ask God what HE thought you should do? I know that I am guilty of doing this...we all are. But it is something that I have gotten better about over the past few years. I turn to him in ALL that I do. If I don't, then I know that it may not be what HE wants for me and I will just make a big mess of things.

Today, STOP, take a moment, pray, ask God what HE wants for you today.... I think that you will find, that HE wants more for you than you can even imagine, but it may not necessarily be in the material world.

Peace and Blessings to you my friends!

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!