Thursday, January 4, 2007

Taking things for granted

So many of us forget to be thankful for the difficult times that God allows to occur in our lives.

I remember hearing that said one Sunday in church when I was much younger in my walk with Christ and I remember thinking.... "are you serious?! Thank God for the troublesome times?!" Well, it was not until a few years ago, that I understood what that meant. God allows troubles to occur so that we will turn to him in our time of need... but we also need to remember to turn to him when things are going smoothly. If it weren't for the difficult times, we would likely begin to take God for granted and never turn to him.

I think that is why so many people today get wrapped up in their own lives and not in the lives of others. They are more concerned with how much they can buy and what car they drive instead of sharing their blessings with others. I am so thankful that my mom did not raise me to be that way. She is such a wonderful example of a loving, selfless, caring human being. She bought some new furniture for her living room a couple of years ago & recently remodeled her living room... well, her furniture was like new & instead of selling it she called Salvation Army & donated it. When the guys came to pick it up, they could not believe how nice it was. They said that they hardly ever get this nice of furniture.... Sad.

I think that sometimes we forget that the money we have is not ours... it is God's. We should remember that when we decide to spend it & be mindful of the needs of others.
That is what He would do.

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!