Monday, January 18, 2010

God Wants Your FAITH!

Have you prayed and asked God for something, like healing or help with your finances? And then when you didn't get an immediate answer or an answer when YOU wanted it, just chalked it up to "Oh well, it must not be HIS WILL" ?

I think many of us are guilty of this. We pray with only half-hearted expectation. We pray but don't really "expect" God to deliver on our prayers. I think what we don't realize is that what HE really wants from us is our FAITH!

Look in the Bible in Mark . It tells us many accounts of Christ healing people and answering prayers of FAITH. Christ casts out an evil spirit, heals a man with leprosy, heals a paralyzed man, calms a storm, heals a demon possessed man, and the list goes on. But, one of my favorite stories in the Bible is Mark 5:24-34:

24 Jesus went with him, and all the people followed, crowding around him. 25 A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. 26 She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. 27 She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. 28 For she thought to herself, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.

30 Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my robe?”

31 His disciples said to him, “Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, ‘Who touched me?’”

32 But he kept on looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done. 34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over.”


The lady was healed by her FAITH!

What have you prayed for and received in faith?

In the last few months of 2009, I prayed that God would deliver me from my health problems and deliver me from emotional bondage. He has since healed my body and I am no longer taking the prescription medications that I was on for the past several years and I have begun to lose weight and have a tremendous amount of energy that I haven't had in years! I no longer suffer from bouts of anxiety or depression. MY GOD IS GOOD!!!

Recently, I prayed that HE would help us keep our home, bless us financially so that we could pay off our mortgage, and my husband and I would be able to work from home online so that we could home-school our son and do more work to build of HIS Kingdom, here in our little town. I have already seen parts of that prayer being answered. I serve an AWESOME God!

Now, go and pray in FAITH. . . . . . . and see what God has in store for you!

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!