Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fireproof - Passion

On the way in to work this morning I was listening to the Radio and I heard the host talking about what a hit at the box office the movie “Fireproof” was over the weekend! Now, keep in mind that this movie was only in 850 theatres and it STILL came out in the TOP 4!!!! What does this tell you?!? What could it mean?!? Is it possible that America wants more “FAMILY” oriented movies? . . . more of the kind of movies where the family actually works things out? Instead of a bunch of movies selling “lust, infidelity, fornication and all round non-traditional family values”??!!?? Wake up HOLLYWOOD! Take a queue from “Fireproof”. Looks to me like there is a NEED out there for this kind of story for the silver screen!

The host of the radio station was also talking about “The Passion of The Christ”, another movie that went over tremendously well at the theatres and even more so on DVD. As a follower of Christ, I found it extremely hard to watch the scene where Jesus was beaten by the soldiers, before his crucifixion. I now have a greater understanding and appreciation for how much Christ suffered for OUR sins! I don’t think that I will ever be able to wrap my mind fully around how truly severe it was; because I just can’t fathom that kind of pain. It is said that most people did not make it through the beatings and that if they did, that they would die within an hour or so on the cross from suffocation. Christ was given 40 lashes. . . 40!!! There is NOONE in this world that could have made it through all of that and not have come out with broken bones. . . and yet, HE DID! And He did it FOR US!
I can’t keep tears from coming to my eyes when I think of how God must have felt seeing His Son go through such horrid treatment. Can YOU imagine? Sit down alone in a quiet room for a minute and imagine how you would feel if it were YOUR child that you had to watch go through this. What? You can’t do it? You are right. . . not if you have an ounce of LOVE for that child. It hurts too much and you simply can’t wrap your mind around it.

If you have never seen this movie or do not believe in Christ, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. . . take the time to get this movie, sit down and watch it; even if it’s by yourself. I promise you, you will come out of it a changed person. I don’t know of anyone that has seen it that has NOT been affected by it.

Are you an UN- Believer? Do you simply think that Christ is some made up deity that was created in our minds to make us feel better about death? Are you an atheist? I would love to talk to you. I am open to ALL comments, so share your thoughts.

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!