Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family

Today at church we talked about our responsibility as Husbands, Wives, and Parents. When you are living life as a follower of Christ, certain things are just not an option. Things like D-I-V-O-R-C-E. God created marriage to be holy and binding. . . "til death do you part" Now, I am not saying that you are going to hell if you get a divorce, I am simply saying that as a follower of Christ it is within your power to work through things together, especially if you are both followers of Christ.

I went through a really bad divorce back in 1996 and was hurt deeply by the man that I believed I was supposed to spend my life with. I tried to work through things, but it takes two to work it out. Funny thing is I learned what real and true unconditional love is through a new friend, I then was able to get past my hurt and anger and move on with my life. I worked 2 jobs and paid off everything. I spent my Sunday's at church and made new friends.

Five years later I married the friend that taught me about unconditional love and he & I will be together until we die. We have been together for 11 years. Life is not always easy, but we have Christ at the center of our lives, so we are able to get through the rough times. God is good and He has been the ROCK in our relationship. I still have a lot to learn as a wife but thankfully he is patient and encourages me in all that I do.

I know that many people are not as fortunate as I am and they are with a spouse that doesn't follow Christ and wants out of the relationship or has already left the relationship. I pray for them. Because I know how hard it can be. But God turns EVERYTHING that happens to us into a greater good and we can rest in His arms knowing that HE is in control.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject Kim. I'm just thrilled that someone is listening.

It's funny, but when I talk about the subject of divorce, some people feel like I am judging. This happened recently. I can only teach what the Scripture says on the subject.

The truth is that if TWO people are truly following Christ, then Christ is the center of that relationship and divorce isn't even on the scope.

But, I tried to make it clear that God can restore anyone (divorced or not) and any relationship (strained and broken). That means that our mistakes are not beyond God's redemption.

You and John are a perfect example of this. Thanks again for your thoughts on the matter. God bless.

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!