Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My son is so thoughtful!!!

As a mom, you tend to second guess how you are doing with your children.  You wonder if what you are teaching your children is getting through.  Are they compassionate to others?  Do they show God's love?  My son  doesn't ask for anything & could not care less about "name brands".  He loves to do things for others, just to see them smile. God Bless him!  He is so understanding.

Well, yesterday when he came home from school, I got a huge lump in my throat. . . . .

I picked him up from school and he was extremely excited about a fundraiser that his school is doing.  He talked incessantly about the prizes and items he could get for making "x amount" of sales.  I was happy to see him excited about something like this, because it was always a favorite thing of mine as a kid to see what I could "win".  Well . . . he proceeds to tell me about a special item that he could get that would "DOUBLE" the prize money winnings for sales.  I'm thinking to myself that he will use the winnings to buy a new video game or maybe the watch he has been talking about. 
NO.
He proceeds to tell me how he can win enough to use for the first installment for his braces.   I get tears in my eyes. You see, we had finally saved enough for the first payment for his braces, when our bank account had an error from a local store that drained our account down to almost nothing . . . that took 3 weeks to get fixed.  During that time, my washing machine broke AND our bladder tank and well pump went bad. SO, we had NO water for over a week and we had to use the money from his braces down payment to pay for the necessary items and are working on saving the down payment, now.  I am using an old Maytag wringer washer from the 1930's so that I don't have to buy a new washing machine & can save money for his braces. But, it looks like it is going to be Summer before we get enough money together to make the first payment of $1000.  I hate that he will have to wait on this, because he is such a thoughtful child.  But I know it will all work out.  It always does.  God takes care of us.


No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!