Wednesday, November 4, 2009

School Pictures


Yes, it is that time of year again when the kiddies all get to bring home their illustrious portraits that we buy through the school that inevitably has something in disarray. I remember when I was a little girl that I had pictures taken each year at school and I always hated them. They were so blah. I guess that is why I took up photography as a hobby and generally take my son's pictures myself. Well, this year was my son's first real school pictures. He wanted me to comb his hair so that it looked nice and I dressed him a an adorable heavy knit, striped, long sleeve shirt. Perfect for a little boy that is truly the epitome of the "All American Boy".

Living in the Southeast, you can't always determine what the weather will be like. Apparently before it was time for the pictures, my son got hot and decided to take off his shirt and wear only his undershirt. I had told him that he could do this, but to be sure he put on his long sleeved shirt for the photo. Well, I guess he didn't remember that part and he told me on the way home from taking the pictures that he had not worn his long sleeved shirt. Great. I was not too happy with this and really over reacted. Then I realized what an idiot I had been and apologized to my little guy. I felt like such a bad mom. I mean seriously, it is just a picture and if it didn't turn out so good, then I could just have them retaken. Right?

I proceeded to tell my son a little story about one of the school photos that I had when I was little. My mom & dad had left me with family friends so that they could go out of town to attend a funeral. My mom had left explicit instructions on what I was to wear. SO, the morning of the school photos, I got up and got dressed. I had my mom's friend put my hair in pigtails so that I would be "all pretty". Well, little did I know that my mom hated my hair in pigtails because my hair was so baby fine and straggly looking. So when she got back and found out about the hair-do, she was non too pleased.

Well, he got the biggest kick out of my story and he seemed to feel much better. He even told his dad all about our little stories as soon as his dad got home.

So, he just brought the pictures home. I have already decided to keep them no matter what they look like, simply because of the story that he and I now share.

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!