Friday, November 13, 2009

My Life ~ Working From Home

Working from home has really given me the opportunity to do some reflection on my life.

If I had continued to work for someone else, then I never would have had the chance to take my son to school and pick him up EVERY DAY since he started school! I would not have been able to share in his excitement when he is picked up and hear his stories of how each day has gone. I would have missed out on all of that! I thank GOD that I am able to be home and share with my family.

When I see other moms that have to go to work every day outside of the home, I feel their pain. I remember how that was. I remember not being able to see my son during waking hours. I remember the weeks of 65+ hours of work during Monday thru Friday. Trying to play "catch-up" on Saturdays and Sundays with my sleep, laundry, time with family and anything else that I missed throughout the week.

One thing that I still have trouble understanding, though. . . When people ask me what I do and I tell them and then, also let them know that I can teach them to do the same thing, they want to stay in their J-O-B. OK. That's fine. I was like that once. I used to depend on a weekly paycheck from some other company. If it is all that you ever knew, then it is difficult to see how you could do anything else. But, I have also found that there are people out there that "get it" and are EXCITED about the opportunity to be able to work from home and create their OWN DESTINY.

You see, I can plan my days around my life. I can do what I feel God calling me to do. That is to help others. I never thought that I would be one of those moms that stayed home and liked it. Funny thing is, I LOVE IT! I wish I had more kids! Ah, well. . . someday, maybe.

For now, I will enjoy my life, my family, and MY JESUS!

No comments:

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!