Saturday, April 7, 2007

SNOW?!

Our friends from NY came in this weekend to visit. B&L. B used to babysit Eli when he was a baby. SHe was the only sitter that I had from the time he was 8 weeks until they had to move back to NY. Her dad & her husband's mom both were ill & needed to have family around. We sure do miss them! But, we enjoy it when we get to spend time with them. We teased about the weather, since they came here thinking that they would get to enjoy the sunny 70's that we've been enjoying for the past 2 weeks.

However, I awoke this morning to a beautiful 2 inches of snow..... in VIRGINIA! OK, now if I were in NY I would expect to see this, but the day before Easter in VA? Well, I am not going to second guess it, because I am loving it! This is like the second snow we ave had all year. It stopped for alittle while, but now it has started flurrying again with great big flakes that look like big fluffy pieces of cotton. B&L must have brought it with them.

My son was funny to watch, as he woke up later this morning & was clinging to my shoulder with sleep in his eyes, he looked up out the back window of the house & put his head back down on my shoulder, only to yank it back up again and say, incrediously, "It's snowin' " All I could think was "wow, that was my reaction, too" It really made me think about what the weather may have been like on Resurrection day, so many years ago.

I am so thankful for all that Christ has done for us. To know that I am saved by grace, HIS grace. I serve an AWESOME God! I sing praises to His Holy Name! I am looking forward to church tomorrow, so that I can sing even more! I miss singing as often as I used to on stage at church. It is so uplifting to be in the worship team. I feel the same way when I am around my Christian friends. I pray that I make others feel good, too. I know that I want others to see HIM in me. I want to do His will. I continue to be in AWE OF HIM! Blessings this day before Resurrection!

1 comment:

Micky said...

About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

Peace Be With You
Micky

Christian Gifts Of Faith

Support White Boxer Rescue!!!